Adwords and search engine marketing (SEM) at large present a double-edged sword. They give you an unprecedented return on your advertising investment and drive tons of sales. That’s good.
They also make campaign management a full-time, high-skill job. “Set it and forget it” is a myth. Responsible PPC managers wear a variety of different hats: copywriting, statistical analysis, SEO, landing-page optimization and competitive analysis to name a few. Not to mention expertise in the complex and ever-changing nuances of the Adwords system.
That’s tough. And it’s not a job for interns or newbies. Ask yourself this: Are my Adwords managers doing all of these things?
- Multivariate split testing every ad in the account at regular intervals?
- Tracking conversions down to the individual keyword level?
- Saturating every campaign with negative keywords to purify traffic?
- Employing all eight (not three) Adwords match types to maximize your ad spend?
- Running search-query reports regularly to find out what customers are really searching for when they find your ads?
- Regularly communicating with Google reps who are dedicated to serving your account?
- Monitoring click fraud?
- Running ads in foreign languages?
- Optimizing campaign settings to optimize ad delivery and international traffic?
- Employing all your geotargeting options to customize your messaging to different audiences?
- Running software that monitors and reports on competitors?
- Running software that protects your accounts in real-time from click attacks?
If so, congrats: you’re one of very few companies anywhere, adult or mainstream, who are truly qualified and committed to using PPC to its full potential.
If not, then you’re leaving money on the table.
Maybe you’ve got little experience with Google Adwords Management, or maybe you just don’t have the time to pursue an in-house search specialist. In either case, we can make your life easier.